Jessie’s Place believes that history has proven too many abused children “fall through the cracks” when it comes to receiving proper care. As we operate under the proven concept of Children Advocacy Centers nationwide, we strive to be involved in each abused child’s care from the time the case is reported, through the investigation and all the to recovery. By doing so we can:
- Assist our partner agencies with investigative efforts, while eliminating redundant services.
- Hold agencies accountable for providing all needed services.
- Improve communication and efficiency among agencies.
- Ensure abuse offenders are held responsible for their actions by preventing information from being lost as it passes between law enforcement, the Child Protection Team, the Department of Children and Families and the State Attorney’s Office.
- Help children transition from victim to survivor by reducing the trauma of their care experience and by reducing the negative consequences of trauma and working with families to improve the child’s emotional, mental, behavioral, physical, and spiritual well-being.