What We Do To Help
Jessie’s Place is a Children’s Advocacy Center designed to be warm and welcoming, so that child victims of abuse and neglect have a safe haven to tell their story and begin the road to recovery. We provide all necessary services onsite – at one location – to help traumatized children feel like happy children once again.
Provided services include:
- Utilization of video and audio recording technology during fact gathering law enforcement interviews, therefore greatly reducing the sessions required for case investigation and prosecution.
- Warm, comfortable and state-of-the-art medical examination rooms.
- Medical Diagnosis, Evaluation and Nursing Assessment provided by the University of Florida Child Protection Team – noted field experts.
- Crisis intervention counseling to help child victims overcome physical and emotional damage.
- Therapeutic services and victim advocacy for children and non-offending caregivers.
- Referrals to partner agencies for long-term counseling needs